Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tie Condition Eliminated

The tie condition has been eliminated. A point is now awarded based on 9,999 coin flips, so that there is truly a 50/50 distribution as opposed to a 50.4/49.6 like there was before.

Of course, the statistics calculated before still apply in principle. At one point I ignored the tie condition, but in my last post, since I realized it's probability was 0.4%, I mentioned it. The adjusted value of a 0.01% affect is 0.8%.

I'm going to make stats up 'til this point (10:30 PM Tuesday, May 25th, 2010) be listed under the "Pre-Alpha" section of some upcoming statistics page, and the ones after that under the "Alpha" section.

For now, stats are piled into one, sorry newcomers, your job is 0.4% harder, but I think you can live up to it.

Also, at the top of my to-do list is make the matches won/lost and percent available on the stats page. That should be even greater of a deviation than the number of points won, although exactly how much I haven't calculated yet, but I will.

Enjoy Psychic Ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment