Tuesday, May 18, 2010

mysql> select * from games;
+--------+-------+--------+-----------+------------+-------+
| gameid | redid | blueid | redpoints | bluepoints | score |
+--------+-------+--------+-----------+------------+-------+
| 1 | 3 | 1 | 91 | 80 | 76 |
+--------+-------+--------+-----------+------------+-------+

The above means that game 1 was played by user 3 and user 1, and user 3 scored 91 points, and user 1 scored 80 points, and the last set was 7 to 6.

Translated this means the computer and I (blue and red, respectively) played the first game entered in the database, that I scored 91 points, and the computer scored 80 points, and that I won the last set 7 to 6.

This "last set" score at the end has been fixed to record a six digit code that is the set scores for all three sets (or four digit code if it was a two set match). I know, I may still need to explain how the game works, but that will come soon on an info page at psychicballgame.com. The score format is RBRBRB where the first two are the number of games in the first set for red and blue ... I digress. You don't need to know this anyways, because I'm going to parse it and turn it into pretty reports anyways.

So, please visit http://psychicball.com/LogIn.html and log in as "Guest" with password "password" to record some data for the user Guest. You will be playing against the user Computer, for now. You are Red, for score keeping purposes.

Please try to make red win. This will go a little way towards collecting useful data, as I am trying to show that by trying to make one side win, it affects the probability distribution of the random numbers generated. Again, I'm just using PHPs built in rand(0,1) function.

Enjoy, and look for a sign up page coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment